Monday, April 4, 2011

Laptop


Hello,

My box came in the mail last week ( yay. ) It contained all of my very favorite worldly possessions including a sampling of my knitting, my kindle, DS, Journal, ipod, and of course, Axiom, my laptop.

The Kindle and DS have seen extensive use. I read This Book which is the second book in the series. I love it so much that I think I may explode while waiting for the third book to come out. If you like fantasy novels and you haven't read this book yet, why are you still reading my blog? Go read it now!
I also bought Pokemon heart gold because... It's pokemon. Do I seriously need to say anything more?
But poor Axiom, he was neglected. I had this insane idea that I would refrain from paying for internet. I thought, I could save money *and* guarantee that I get a good work out, because it's a decent uphill walk to the place where free internet lives. But no, I've realized that that was an insanely misguided idea. I now have internet. Yay. On a sadder note, poor Axiom's battery is completely busted, and he wont run without being plugged in now :(

This past weekend was my first liberty weekend off base, and I was authorized to wear civilian cloths. The box contained 1 pair of jeans, my favorite pair of shoes, and several t-shirts. (My Disney baseball cap however, was not included.)
I just do not know how to explain how wonderful it felt to wear jeans for the first time in 2 months. I feel human again, and *almost* like myself.
I went all sorts of crazy shopping, bought *more* cloths, ate out at a fancy Japanese restaurant, walked up and down cannery row, and even went into a little wine store that was doing a wine tasting. (There are many of them around here ) I think wine tasting is going to become one of my favorite weekend activities. I'll probably even by a notebook dedicated specifically to taking notes on which wines I like ^^;;

Oh, and I saw Tangled, which is a perfectly adorable movie. Loved it!

Ok, well. I'm going to go crazy and surf the internet until bed time.
Cheers
Theo

1 comment:

Sixer said...

Wow, you're weekend sounds like a lot of fun. But the idea of buying a notebook specifically for wine tasting is even better. Just think of what suck a book would have to look like. Possibilities.