Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shopping

Hello!


Today was a good day - Work was light, and I ended up being on watch with some awesome people (always makes the day go faster.)

A friend mentioned the idea of going to the farmers market after duty-hours, so once I got off watch I took a shower and put on my red dress.



One of the purchase I made on Sunday's shopping spree. I would have blogged about it, but I'm still roiling in guilt over my complete lack of self control when it comes to shopping >.<

The farmers market is every Tuseday, and I've been wanting to go. There are SO MANY good food venders - I only bought the kettle corn, because who can resist kettle corn? But lots of the other venders looked or tasted good. I'll have to go back, especially to the ravioli vender! Those sauces were amazing ^^;;


There was a T-shirt vender selling this epic T-shirt. I bought it even though the smallest size they had was a medium. It's like a tent on me, but whatever, it's still the awesomest thing ever.



I also fell totally in love with this necklace. I had to buy it. I knew the moment I saw it that I desperately needed it. Then I talked to the Lady selling it. She's nice. I instantly liked her, she told me what kind of stone it was made out of and where it was from. She even had a huge chunk of the rock in it's raw form. She mentioned something about the process involved in cutting the stones down to size, and that's when I found out that she shapes, polishes, and makes the pendents herself. I have a very large weak spot for artist, but I resisted. I'm not the type of person who spends that kind of money on Jewelry. I couldn't stay away, however, and on my 2nd visit I commented on how lovely the polish was. How do you do that? I wondered out loud. Let me tell you, she said. And then she whipped out a little photo album with pictures of her workshop and all of her equipment. My heart skipped a beat. I knew I would die if I didn't have this necklace. But I was strong. I walked away. I went and looked at all of the other stalls. But in the back of my mind there was a little green stone watching me with soulful eyes, I and I knew I was doomed.

No comments: